Of course, after I get home from a trip, I always wish I had taken more photos. I certainly took plenty of our walk around Falls Park in beautiful Greenville, SC. However, I wish I had more to show of Corey's solo exhibition at Furman University, our delicious dinner at Soby's and our quick trip to vibrant Asheville, NC. We met so many lovely people, ate good food, and are grateful to have seen the gorgeous autumn colors covering the hills. We are happy to have missed the first big snowfall of the season in Colorado and come home to blue sky and sun!
• 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese and milk mixed together
• 2 Tbl granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoons grated orange zest
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• dash of salt and a dash of cardamom
• 1/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• powdered sugar or maple syrup
1. In a large measuring cup, mix together ricotta cheese, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and orange zest. In a bowl, combine salt, cardamom, baking powder and flour. Add liquid ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
2. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches (and adding more oil to skillet as needed), add batter, using a large spoonful for each pancake (they need to be little to cook properly). Cook until browned, making sure they don't burn (can happen easily). Serve hot, dusted with confectioners' sugar or drizzled with maple syrup.
Yields only about 10 little pancakes, so if you need more, just double the recipe. Enjoy!