Friday, November 9, 2012

DIY: Platform Bed

With the help of a friend, her truck and saw, I was able to build this platform bed! Now I have much needed storage. I'm sure it would have gone much smoother/faster, had I used a properly working drill to begin with when actually building it, and realized the correct size for my pre-drilled holes, but I learned a lot. In just one day, I felt super productive and proud. Plus, I found a use for all that canvas I bought back in art school and have been carrying around all these years. Paint on it? No. Protect my nice new mattress? Sure! I also made some protective felt pads to save the floor. Here is a pdf of my platform/loft bed design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Please consider "following" my blog, if you don't already.