Sunday, March 6, 2016

Artist: John Sabraw

We finally had a chance to see John Sabraw's beautiful work at the Idea Space, Colorado College (on the last day - March 5th). It is truly exquisite, representing the micro to the macro. I could see petri dishes, views through a microscope, a snapshot of these broken Appalachian streams, all the way out to the galaxy and views of cosmic clouds. Here is a great article in the Independent about the whole exhibition, and a video about John's process



I can't help but wonder what my experience at Ohio University would have been like had he been my teacher, since I also create poured paintings, and care deeply about the environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Please consider "following" my blog, if you don't already.