Friday, July 23, 2010

Garden's Bounty turned to Pesto and a Salad

My 90th post is dedicated to my first true harvest from my garden.
I was thrilled. I felt like a child again going through my garden finding what was ripe.

(my first carrot, cucumber, and onion, in addition to the usual tons of basil, lettuce and spinach... added in are a couple nasturtium and arugula leaves with a few heirloom tomatoes: early girl, black krim and sun sugar)


Inspired by my friend Fe, who showed me how easy and delicious fresh pesto is, I couldn't pass up making it with all the basil I just picked.


I put a handful of basil leaves, a few cloves of garlic, drizzled olive oil over, sprinkled grated parmesan in with a little S&P. I like to add a few nuts, even if not pine nuts, like almonds or walnuts. Then chop / puree, add a splash of the pasta water and it's ready!


voilĂ :


Maybe I'll come up with something exciting for my 100th post -- like a free pair of earrings giveaway!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Please consider "following" my blog, if you don't already.