Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Birthday Delights: Apples, Berries, Picnic & more...

I had such a delightful birthday! The day started beautifully with wrapped presents in my favorite colors, with a corresponding O'Keeffe card, from my boyfriend. So many wonderful books this year! And great shoes. :) Many thanks to everyone for the splendid and generous gifts.


A group of us headed down to Penrose where we first went blackberry and raspberry hunting.



Then on to the apple trees -- Gala, Jonathon, Golden & Red Delicious... pies to be made today.



Next, a picnic down the road in Florence, CO. Sitting in the shade we drank wine and snacked on delicious stinky cheese, crackers, bread, peppered Genoa salami, olives, tomato salad, berries we had picked, and Lazy Daisy Chocolate Cake.


After walking around Florence's antique shops and finding little treats for ourselves, we went back to the Springs for a game of Parcheesi and dinner.


These colorful poker chips are from a set my friend found in one of the Florence shops. We didn't have time to play yet -- but hopefully soon!

6 comments:

  1. I miss you Morgan. I'm so glad to hear you had such a pleasant day on ur bday. all the best to you, girl. xoxo Fe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful day! I'm glad that it turned out so well. My love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful and fabulous! So glad your day turned out well. Mmmm. . .Lazy Daisy Chocolate Cake. Still one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. How is it possible to find raspberries, blackberries, and apples all ripe on the same day?!?!? Berries are long gone here. . .their seasons are oh-so-short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn - I had forgotten how easy (and vegan) the lazy daisy cake was! I don't know - I hadn't thought about all of them being ripe at the same time. Maybe it is a Colorado thing?? something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Please consider "following" my blog, if you don't already.