Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Sunflowers







When I planted these sunflowers - I imagined them all along our little fence, giving me privacy from people walking by while I worked in my garden. Inevitably passersby want to ask me questions, chat... and all I want to do is have a quiet moment in my garden.

Of course those were the dreams of a new gardener in early spring. Many sunflowers didn't make it (I assume squirrels and birds were partly to blame). They grew slowly, so they don't give me the privacy I had hoped for. I know I waited too long to plant ('til mid-May), but I had worried about frost.


But none of this really matters. The birds and bees are making good use of them. And I can't get enough of their cheerful and bright disposition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Please consider "following" my blog, if you don't already.