Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Trip to Ohio: Part 1

I just got back from my trip home to Ohio for a memorial. It was a mixture of intense emotions, beautiful scenery, friends and family -- all in all a really meaningful, good visit. I only wish I'd had more time to see old haunts and friends.

a view from the plane, CO to TN


Breakfast for lunch at the Loveless Cafe: some world famous biscuits (why, because they are little bricks of grease and flour?) with the waitress's favorite hashbrown casserole (why ruin good potatoes with American cheese?), salty bacon and a poached egg swimming in water. I shouldn't complain! The company was great, the cafe itself and shops around it cute, and I'm kicking myself I didn't get a photo of their awesome sign out front.

drove over the Natchez Trace bridge in Tennessee (after the Loveless Cafe)


The next day, we left TN at 6am and made our way through Kentucky to Ohio.


A coffee and supposed "peach cobbler" pit stop in Paris, KY
(at least they had fun decor).


Driving smaller roads north to Ohio, I saw a stream that called to me. I knew I would find something... but I had no idea how amazingly mind-blowing the fossils-galore find would be. The stream bed was filled, literally... so exciting!


Finally.... we made it to Athens, OH. Dinner at the Casa (typical slow service, but yummy food) before heading to my mom's friend's place to make our base camp.

1 comment:

  1. Morgan,
    Glad you had a good time. I love the fossil image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Please consider "following" my blog, if you don't already.