Friday, January 21, 2011

Bugs

Other than the nasty kind keeping me from feeling well, I remembered I had these phone pics from a trip to the local May Natural History Museum, a few months ago with friend S. Not the greatest quality pics, but I just couldn't stop myself from taking them. The museum is amazing not only for its kitsch factor, but simply to see so many beautiful, fragile beings. I felt a mixture of sadness with all of them pinned behind glass, never to return to the earth, and awe at how stunning (and sometimes scary) insects are. I think S's favorite part is the whimsical and oddly placed signage. (I hope you visit and don't forget the very strange space "museum", a.k.a. posters and toys in a strange maze of trailers...)


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Please consider "following" my blog, if you don't already.